This operation finds its principle application in pointing and drawing. However, components for an almost infinite variety of products can be pointed faster and more economically than swaging.
The illustration shows several parts that were formed requiring I.D. and O.D. tolerances to be held and finish specifications to be met. Parts shown are a transducer, meat hook, Textile spindle, and a housewares item.
A few typical assembling applications shown in the illustration are a cable and ball fitting, calrod unit, sleeve on armored cable, and screw driver shank and handle.
To efficiently point, reduce and form rod, tube or wire. Swaging is a special type of forging in which metal is formed by a rapid succession of die blows.
It is the most economical method to point tubing, rod, and wire for redraw, and to size, reduce, shape, taper, bond or form metal parts, hot or cold. Metal is formed – not machined – so there are no wasteful chips. The Swaging process improves grain structure, giving the part greater strength and in most cases an unusually fine finish.
Swaging machines, also known as Swager machines, are a low-cost way to point, reduce and form rod, tube or wire. We provide unbeatable quality and after- care services for your swagermachine.
For tapering tubing up to 24” long, our Long Die Swaging Machines produce long, shallow tapers for furniture legs, sporting goods, aerospace products, and more, economically and rapidly. These machines serve a wide variety of materials: both welded and seamless tubing of either ferrous or nonferrous metals, from stainless steel to aluminum. Coolant/Slushing Systems, as shown, are available as an option on all size Swagers.
Dies are the very heart of swaging machines. Production of precision parts requires high quality dies. It’s also no coincidence that as the leading supplier of swaging machines, we are also the leading supplier of swaging dies—for most makes of swaging machines.
We offer a complete overhaul and repair facility for all your swaging and metal forming machinery. We offer a wide range of services from Swager Head ring installations to complete overhaul of your metal forming equipment. Upon receipt of equipment, a complete inspection is performed and the customer is contacted with the recommended repairs prior to proceeding. Our manufacturer's facility is prepared with the necessary equipment to ensure the fastest possible turn-around time on the repair or remanufacture of your machine with minimal downtime.
• Improves physical characteristics because metal is forged with improved grain structure, and increased elastic limit and
• Imparts a high finish, which in most cases eliminates finishing operations.
• Permits control of wall thickness through the use of a mandrel.
• Speeds assembly where tubes are to be crimped together, fittings attached to tubing, rod, hose, flexible tubing, or wire
• Permits lower stock inventory. Swaging to the required size and finish permits stocking fewer sizes.
• Saves on material because metal is displaced longitudinally as it is hammered…not wasted into chips by removal.
• Tooling is relatively low in cost. Dies are quickly changed and tooling is extremely flexible.
• Saves on labor because highly skilled operators are not essential. Several machines incorporating mechanical feeds can
be tended by one operator.
For Non-Circular Cross Sections. Because the dies and hammers do not revolve in a Stationary Die Swager, it is possible to forge asymmetrical shapes never before produced by swaging. Two basic types are available: simultaneous blow (fluted shapes, circular cross sections) and the patented alternate blow (rectangular shapes, squares and hexagons).
In a Rotary Swager, the dies and hammers revolve around the work, producing perfect symmetrical pieces with an exceptional finish. We offer nine basic sizes of Rotary Swaging machines ranging in capacity from needle size to 6” O.D. tubing.
Rotary Swagers are available in two types: 2-die or 4-die, which can swage harder materials and generally achieve greater reductions per pass. See back page for capacities and dimensions of all models.
COMTECH NORTH AMERICA PRODUCTS ARE PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA
Our range of Swaging Machines are a low cost solution to many metal forming requirements. Swaging machines can be used for pointing, reducing, shaping, and assembly of wire, tube, cable and preforms.
Can be used for pointing, reducing, shaping, and assembly of wire, tube, cable and preforms.
We keep a wide variety of Swagers in stock in order to accommodate your orders in a timely fashion.
• Optional variable speed to provide optimum Swaging speed.
• Reduced noise level and maintenance costs.
• Swaging operations can be performed hot or cold and feeding can be automated.
We have designed many practical features into our Swaging Machines to reduce noise and greatly reduce maintenance. We
also offer a complete replacement part, tooling/dies, and rebuild service for Swaging Machines from other manufacturers.
Recognizing that there are literally hundreds of applications for Swaging Machines, we can provide optional equipment geared towards ease of use, process automation and operator safety.
Some of these include:
• Manual and powered feed systems
• Material handling systems
• Maintenance friendly sound enclosures
• Slushing and cooling systems
• Material heating
• Electronically interlocked safety guarding and doors